Burrator Horseshoe 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
The Burrator Horseshoe Run is a 6 mile moorland run from Meavy and out over Dartmoor, via Burrator Reservoir, Sheepstor Dam, Sheepstor Summit (369m), Gutter Tor Summit (357m), Ringmoor Down and the cooling Meavy River Ford.
A few key changes this year - later start and junior races. Parking will be at eastern end ( burrator end) of village - please use this to avoid a congested village - Voluntary donation goes towards Parish - but registration and refreshments is at the village hall from 2:30pm - juniors start at 4pm and seniors start at 5pm. senior race finishes at Village green.
The race is held under Fell Runners Association rules and licence. For enquiries and further information about the Burrator Horseshoe Run, email email@example.com (do not use this email for entries).
Race entry is £6.50 plus 50 p booking fee. Website live form May 1st to June 21st.
This year it is a qualifying event in a series of 10 fell races on dartmoor - 'Dartmoor Fell Series' that are being held from June through to September. (simple scoring leageue looking for best 7 races out of 10) all on fabulous routes.
- Awards for normal age groups plus trophy for first club team (4 male and 4 female finishers – Last year Tamar Trail Runners) aiming for presentation at 19:00 for seniors. enjoy!
- Due to popular demand the run will be limited to a maximum of 300 competitors and minimum age limit: you must be 16 or older on 26th June 2021 to enter this event.
- This year there are junior races from 4pm - briefing in field (4:05 race U9 & U11 from the field to Burrator and back) and (4:25 race U13 & U15 racing from Marchants Cross just uphill from the ford- to Ringmoor cottage and back) and they enter on the day £1 person - prize for winners. Please ensure registered before 4pm. Please support and encourage, you may want to help marshal - note juniors run unaccompanied.
- Deadline for on-line entry will be Monday 21st June. This race is normally full so book early.
- Race Organiser – Richard Best with Support of Run Venture Runners, and Tavistock AC and Meavy Parish.
- Monies raised from parking will be going to Meavy parish.
Come along and enjoy a great afternoon and evening!
Any help of marshalling support greatly received - please contact organiser.